Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday Afternoon Thoughts

Well, I'm nine days in to my diet and I've lost 15 lbs. It's actually been pretty easy so far. I had a couple weak moments and ate a handful of chips (my eternal weakness). Angela made a soup yesterday (Potato & Leek) and it was AMAZING (said in Oprah-like fashion). I'm learning how much food I really need... I'm eating about 1/3 the volume of what I used to and about 1/10 of the calories. Restaurants are the hardest, but most have healthy options. I don't have much of a strategy other than just to eat only what I need and only healthy food. Before you praise me (Mom), realize that it's only been 9 days out of the last 3,650.

We still haven't found out Angela's surgery date... hopefully we'll get a call early this week. Angela and the kids had a great time on the Island. Lots of ice cream and swimming.

I had fun as we gathered this morning. Isaac and team did an over-the-top job of leading us in worship. I fumbled through the sermon and I hope the message of the text came out somewhat coherent! In case you came out confused, know this... even when the world thinks you're an idiot for believing in Jesus, know that they too are just one experience with Christ away from becoming a fellow "idiot" and they just might experience Christ through your witness.

It was good to hear from Lynn B. on how the Skatin trip went. Members from the Beisel, Lambert, and Moses families served for a week on this reserve. They helped renovate a house, taught life skills, and made friends with some great people. This opportunity has been a four year initiative of The Crosscurrent Church and Youth For Christ in Mission. We are happy that folks from our Church family have been able to serve alongside.

You may have also noticed a bunch of tired looking adults and campers this Sunday too. They just got back from an amazing week at kids camp. I look forward to hearing more about their experience in the weeks to come. Our youth are at youth camp this week. A number of our youth served at kids camp and are now going to youth camp! Pray for them this week.

I'm really excited for the launch of our "Acts Challenge" next Sunday (www.parksidechurch.ca/acts). We'll be spending 29 days (September 2-30) reading Acts, praying, and fasting. The purpose isn't to just do a religious activity, but to allow the Holy Spirit to work in and through this process that we and those we love might be transformed.

I hope you have a great week as we take Christ from the corner to the centre of our life, in our homes, neighbourhoods, and workplaces!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment