Saturday, July 10, 2010

Learning How to Walk

Our son, Charlie, is almost 9 months old and he's starting to get active.  He does a turtle-like scoot across the floor and has just learned to pull himself up.  The grin on his face when he accomplishes a new task is priceless.

His smile puts a smile on my face and challenges me to keep learning new things.  I find that it's so easy to become content with where I am at in life.  Either because I'm lazy, ignorant, or tired of failing.  Watching my son try and try again inspires me to do the same.  To see the smile on his face and satisfaction that comes with experiencing something so rewarding encourages me to do likewise.

His example has implications on every level... growing in our personal life, skills, relationships, and our walk with God.  My challenge today is to not be content with crawling through life, but seek to feel the rush of wind as I win the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment