Monday, January 21, 2013

Life in the Tough Stuff


This last week was a tough one. Angela developed some recent health challenges including stomach pain, gall bladder pain, ascites (fluid build up in the abdomen), and dehydration. She spent Friday night and most of Saturday in the hospital on an IV and this morning she went in for a fluid tap (they drained 6L of fluid!). The rest of this week will be filled with rest, more scans, and more meetings with doctors.

I was the most weary I’ve been in a long time on Sunday morning… even after a long night’s sleep. I can’t imagine how Angela feels through all of this.

I really needed our Sunday gathering with our church and felt rejuvenated throughout and after. The body of Christ (the church) is such a needed part of life. Our church has been such a blessing: loving our kids, cooking meals, doing our laundry, bringing fresh flowers, and of course, praying like crazy!

On Friday, Elisa took Charlie to the zoo so Angela could rest. On Friday night, our dear friend, Renee, helped Angela in the ER which resulted in her being on the wrong end of some vomit. Angela's sister, Claire, stayed up with Angela on Friday in the hospital till midnight. On Saturday, Anna-Lisa watched our kids from 7:00am onward. And for the last two days, Angela’s parents have watched our kids so I could work and Angela could rest.

This week’s a bit up in the air as much of our routine will be determined by Angela’s schedule and health. We’re getting more used to being flexible, but it’s still hard.

In other news, Ruby continues to love school. As a parent, you wonder about throwing your kid to the wolves (aka public school), but seeing her engage and grow amongst her little peers is an encouragement. I continue the prayers that my parents prayed over me, that our kids would have soft hearts to Jesus, understand and live according to Scripture, find good friends, find favor with teachers, be strong in the face of temptation, and know and do God’s will. It is my observation that good and wise parents not only pray this, but also live this out in the smallest details of life. I hope that our kids one day will call us good and wise.

Charlie is so much fun right now. He knows he’s a ham and takes full advantage of this gift. Yes, I call it a gift. He makes us laugh all through the day and that’s been a good thing for us.

I hope all is well in your world. And by ‘well’, I mean your life is wrapped around Jesus’ death, burial, resurrection, ascension, and soon-coming return. Each one of those accomplishments in Christ’s life and mission has critical significance in how we live life today and tomorrow. This is how I frame my day and it makes all the difference.

That’s enough preaching for now! Have a great day and a great week.


9 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update Clint. God is using you through your transparency, to encourage so many. I'm so thankful this is not our permanent home! Wish I could hug you both right now!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya... you have been such a huge help to us.

      Delete
  2. Dear ones; I am praying for you. Your cousin Heather told me about you and asked me to pray, so I lift your family up in prayer and know that it will go straight to the Father. May He continue to bless you richly through every day. May His healing be sweet to your soul and His love encamp around you. You are loved.
    Many blessings
    Kelly W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kelly! We appreciate your prayers and kind words.

      Delete
  3. You're a good man Clint! I hardly know you but I'm amazed by what little I've seen and experienced. The grace of Jesus seeps from you. May His burden become your burden as you let go of everything piling up. And may Jesus reach in and heal Angela in the way only he can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dan! You are much too kind. I am a fool and so anything good that comes out, is all God!

      Delete
  4. Clint,
    Please know that Dale & Brenda Clair are keeping up with your blog and whatever else we can find out. We are praying for Angela and you and your precious family.
    Even though you probably don't remember us, we had a great friendship with your parents and dearly LOVED your Grampa Pastor Fox and still visit your Gramma Ruth
    God bless xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brenda! Your prayers are very much appreciated. And yes, I remember you guys. I remember playing in your house with Adam when you guys lived next to the MB Church in Black Creek!

      Delete
  5. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete