Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Grandma With Faith


My Grandma died on Sunday, August 15, 2010.  She was the ideal Grandma... full of patience, love, and faith.  Although we miss her, we are also excited that she is with her Savior and now knows no struggles.  At her memorial service I read a poem she wrote and I hope it inspires you in the same way it inspired me.

Lord, take possession of my every thought
A heart of contentment, sympathy and love
for Thee be wrought.

May I look up, not down,
forward, not back,
out, not in.
You choose work for each of us
with your insight from within,

Your finger beckons me on & up.
You plan each drop that fills my daily cup.
Events of my life are in your hands, I say.
Appoint them in thine own best way.

May grace be given that I may walk therein,
on the path of duty that is shown so plain.
Doing His will as if it were my own,
Yet trusting not in mine, but in your strength alone.

You hold my hand & fears grow still,
I behold your face & yield my will.
To perfect truth & boundless love
Help me abide in the vine of my Father above.

-Kathleen Nelson, 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment