Saturday, August 7, 2010

Wake up, O sleeper!


Usually once or twice a week I wake up to this face beside my bed yellling, "WAAAAAAAAAKE UUUUUUP, DAAAAAAAAAAAAAADYYYYYYYYY!"  This is followed by persistent tapping on my face and pulling on my eyelids.

I tell her that I'm awake and that I'm just resting my eyes, but she doesn't believe it.  She's not content until I'm out of the bed and brushing my teeth.  It's at that point then she'll return to the kitchen and report to her mom that the job has been accomplished.

I've been reading Ephesians again this week and 5:14b jumped off the page: "'Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.'"  Are you awake?  Are you really awake?  Every day we need the light of Christ to shine on us and wake us up!  We'll be talking more about this tomorrow at our Sunday gathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment