Sunday, December 25, 2011

A Great Christmas Day


Following our Christmas Eve service, we went back to our house and shared a nice evening of appetizers (three cheers for the oriental party pack) and opening presents with/from my in-laws.  Ruby started us off by unwrapping a Barbie wardrobe thing.  Then Charlie opened a toolbox that came with a ton of little boy tools (by the end of the night our coffee table looked like a beaver had been snacking on it).  Angela opened up her gift to unveil an iPad.  She was pretty overwhelmed and very grateful.  By the time it came to me I was actually getting excited.  I unwrapped my gift and discovered three pairs of socks... ahhh the life of a Dad.

Ruby was up until midnight playing with her Barbie when she finally fell asleep.  I then awoke to her banging around in her room with her toys at 3:00am.  I couldn't fall back to sleep so I laid awake until 5:00am and headed down to the Church building.  I prepared the continental breakfast for the service then returned home at 7:00am to wake up the kids and open more gifts.  Charlie was up and ready for it.  Ruby needed some convincing to get out of bed.  We opened gifts from my parents.  Ruby got a princess wardrobe.  Midway through Ruby's gift opening she shouted, "I KNEW I was on the nice list!"  It's funny how kids pick things up and wonder about such things.  Charlie got a kids' tool bench.  Angela got cash.  I got more socks...

Our Church service attendance was small, but our audience remained the same :)  We enjoyed cinnamon buns, oranges, candy canes, yogurt, apple cider, hot chocolate, coffee, and tea.  Tony did a great job leading us in worship.  We prayed for Angela, Christy's mom, Diane's mom, Lavonne W., and the Vanson's (they leave to serve for three months in an orphanage in Mexico on Wednesday).  I rambled on about the secrets of being a great gift giver (from John 3:16-17).  Tony & Alison were rock stars this weekend.  For both services they were there early to set-up and stayed late to clean-up.  Their love in this way was a huge blessing to our family.

Sunday afternoon, we headed into Richmond to be with Angela's family for Christmas.  It was a really fun time.  Our brother-in-law was like Martha Stewart (in a manly way).  He pumped out great appetizers followed a huge turkey and ham dinner with tons of sides.  We opened gifts, played with toys, and took a ton video and photos.

Tomorrow, we head over to the Island for a few days with my parents.  Angela was feeling much better today (less tired).  Her hair will start falling out tomorrow... so that will be interesting.  Her immune system will be at an all time low this week as well so we'll be washing our hands like crazy and sneezing into our elbows.

I hope you have a great week.  Did you know that you can enjoy the gift of Jesus year 'round?!






1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great Christmas Clint. :) Love it! Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete