Sunday, February 3, 2013

Clergy & Chemo

This is a season filled with clergy and chemo duties. Friday and Saturday were spent preparing and celebrating with Chad and Charla. Charla has been a friend of ours for a long time, she was a doula at both our kid's births (saved my bacon at Ruby's birth), and has been the best tenant one could ask for (she's put up with our kids stomping around upstairs for over five years). Watching Charla and Chad grow in their love for one another has been awesome. Officiating their wedding was quite simply a lot of fun.

Tomorrow, I officiate a funeral for Diane's mom in Chilliwack. I always find funerals difficult and inspiring. My perspective and faith is always enhanced by remembering the life of a loved one.

I was very glad last night that I listened to Angela. A couple weeks ago she saw that my calendar had a wedding, Sunday sermon, and funeral back to back. She said, "you're crazy, get someone else to do that." So, I asked Isaac to take the sermon. I experienced fruit of her wisdom last night when I laid down to sleep and realized that I had a moment to breathe. Special thanks to Isaac for serving us so well. He opened the building this morning, vacuumed the foyer, played bass, and preached!

This week is also filled with medical treatments. We go to the Vancouver Cancer Agency on Tuesday, have fluid draining at Abbotsford Hospital on Wednesday, and then chemo on Thursday at the Abbotsford Cancer Agency. We're taking out one of the three chemo drugs this round as it is the least effective and causes the most side effects. We hope this will result in less fatigue and nausea. The two remaining chemo drugs are also supposed to help slow down the fluid build-up.

We have been so blessed by everyone's love and support. Thank you for your love and prayers.

  

2 comments:

  1. We continue to believe for her miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete