Thursday, April 29, 2010

View From My Mobile Office


Sometimes my inner-ADHD makes it hard to concentrate in my home office or in the church office so today I made my office mobile!  I packed up my books and laptop and headed for a great view of Mission.  I found the perfect spot by a small quarry on a dirt road.  I even went for a little prayer hike and found great waterfall!

For the past few weeks I have been studying Ephesians.  Kingsway Foursquare Church's (Burnaby) Pastor, Barry McGaffin, referred to Ephesians as the "Uncle Willy's" of Scripture at Pacific Life Bible College's graduation ceremony last Sunday.  For those of you who don't know the "Uncle Willy's" reference it was an all-you-can eat buffet restaurant where families would pull up in their 15 passenger van and everyone's tastes would be met.  Ephesians is kind of like that in that it is a fairly comprehensive letter.  Paul covers everything from the work of Christ; the identity, role, and work of the church; the family; and spiritual warfare!

So, this Sunday we will begin our look into Ephesians to see how these words will be used by the Spirit to transform our lives, our families, our church, and our community!

No comments:

Post a Comment