Friday, May 14, 2010

Explore More: Ephesians, Week 2

May 16-22, 2010; Week 2

KNOW | Personal Study
Set aside 30 minutes and read Ephesians... AGAIN.  Yes, I know you did this last week, but trust me, new things will pop out.  In preparing for this series I read Ephesians more than a dozen times and each time I learned new things which made me understand the other verses with greater clarity.

GROW | Discussion Option #1
What are the qualities of a good gift giver?  Think of the times that you have received a really good gift and what made it so great.  Think of times you have received a horrible gift and reflect on why it was so bad.  Compare and contrast these situations and then line it up with creation's greatest gift, Jesus.  How does seeing God as a good gift giver and Jesus as the gift change your relationship with Him?

GROW | Discussion Option #2
When someone gives us an over-the-top gift that we don't deserve we call that a gift of grace.  Gifts of grace be given in different ways, such as... patience in the presence of incompetence; kindness in the face of opposition; forgiveness in the presence of hurt; generosity in the presence of greed; diligence in the presence of laziness; humility in the presence of pride; and etc.  Who in your life has extended grace to you?  How did they do it?  How did it make you feel?

SOW | Application
How does the grace of God, as demonstrated so completely in Jesus, impact the way I approach life and treat others?  Is there someone in my life that I can bless with a gift of grace this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment