Monday, April 2, 2012

Merry Monday


I trust this post finds you well!  I really enjoyed our gathering yesterday.  Perhaps it was how the morning got off to a great start.  Outside our Church building doors a few hundred people stood in the cold waiting to begin their 5km race to begin.  In the middle of the frozen huddle were two Parkside faithful, Elisa and Anna-lisa.  Not only were they setting a great example of being good stewards of the temple, but they took the presence of God into their world!

During our service, Tony lead us in beautiful praise to our Lord and Saviour!  I got to share a word about the way in which our reputation can either break or make the transmission of the Good News (you can listen to the podcast at www.parksidechurch.ca/podcast).  While all of this was going on, Angela was getting a nice massage at the Fairmont in Vancouver (she was on a little getaway with her sisters).  I got the privilege of hanging out with my kids, wiping bums, and doing laundry.  Angela is going to give me a hard time for putting that last sentence in there.  Her response will be, "welcome to my life... two days and you think you deserve a medal".  My response to her response will ber, "Look at me, I'm built to have an axe in my hand." :)

I'm looking forward to our Easter Brunch!  It's one of my favourite Sundays.  For reasons I can't find words for, there is something that seems more Christ-like about having a brunch than a formal service.  If it bugs you that we don't have a formal service, I encourage you to attend the community sunrise service held at Heritage Park at 7:00am.

Also, if you want to get on to our daily email for our 21 Days of Prayer & Fasting, please go to www.parksidechurch.ca/subscribe.  Have a great Monday!








No comments:

Post a Comment