Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday Morning Thoughts


Had a fantastic weekend. I spent Saturday observing the honouring of a few people.  Sharon Ens (mother of Christy W.) is now with Jesus and we got to celebrate the Good News of Jesus by the reality that death is simply a promotion to an eternity with our Creator and Savior.

On Saturday night, the Lambert's celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with friends and family. What was cool about this celebration is that the celebration centered on the grace and power of Jesus in their marriage, not on their ability or self-righteousness. Their testimony of the change Jesus brought to their lives and marriage is simply awesome!

We had a great gathering on Sunday morning. The Humphrey's welcomed and served us with breakfast, Chad lead us in worship, and Dave blessed us through the Word. I got to serve our Grade 4-6 students in Sunday School and the opportunity blessed me so much.  It had been too long since I got to serve Jesus in this way. I enticed my class with a $5 reward for each one that comes to me next Sunday and recites their memory verse. They thought I was crazy, but I'd be crazy not to take the resources God has given me and invest it in them for their blessing and the blessing of others. I hope to have an empty wallet this Sunday.

Sunday afternoon we went over to the Friesen's for a bonfire. It was nice to relax around the fire, chat about various things, and watch some of the skinnier guys try to climb on Jon's stucco. The kids rode bikes and played road hockey. I hate how busyness and life circumstances sometimes creates great gaps in time between meeting up with good friends.

Towards the end of last week we got news back from Angela's last CT scan. The scan reported that there wasn't any sign of new cancerous growth. We are pretty excited about that news. Tomorrow, Angela goes in for a stomach scope, which is the most accurate test. Her stomach is 'ground zero' for the cancer and the scoping tool should be able to take a tissue sample for biopsy. The doctors consider the situation hopeless, but we are asking God to do the "impossible".

My mom sent me this verse this morning and I was encouraged by it, "He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD." (Psalm 112:7).  No one but God knows what this week will hold.  No one but God is worthy of my complete trust.  To Him, I give my life, my wife, my family, and this week.  Through Jesus, the best is always yet to come!




No comments:

Post a Comment