Monday, May 7, 2012

Merry Monday


I hope you had a good weekend! At Parkside we had a work bee on Saturday morning and lots of loving folks came out to help out. Mark K. did some pressure washing for us and as you can see in the photo above, he did it well.

Our Sunday gathering was fun. Catherine D. and Peter E. delivered an awesome message of hope in the darkness. Following the service we had a delicious spaghetti lunch and raised a few hundred bucks for the Relay for Life team.

We spent Sunday afternoon at our neighbour's and enjoyed our second bonfire of the year. Sunday evening was low key.  Angela cut my hair and I am now debating going back to the professionals.  I was able to clean out the garage a little bit (one of my favourite activities) and am now ready to finish a few projects and start a few more.

Over the weekend, Foursquare Canada installed its new President, Steve Falkiner. I first met Steve when he and his family were missionaries in Sri Lanka. He is a gracious servant and I look forward to the coming season of ministry through the Foursquare Churches of Canada. I encourage you to add him and his wife (Andy) to your prayer lists and keep them in your prayers daily.

Dave P. gets back from the convention in Toronto (our Church was able to help send him) this week.  I hear that his application for becoming a licensed minister in the Foursquare Church has been accepted!  I'm excited for him as this is another confirmation of God's calling on his life.  Dave is a gift to us and we'll have a proper party sometime in the near future.

Have a great week as you live the Gospel in your workplace, home, school, and neighbourhood.  I hope to see you this Saturday at the Summer Camp Garage Sale at Safeway and definitely this Sunday. It will be Mother's Day and we are having a water baptism!








No comments:

Post a Comment