Friday, May 11, 2012

Ship Happens & Other Things


One of the things I've discovered in life is Ship Happens. It's a parcel receiving place just a stone's throw south of the Sumas-Huntingdon border crossing.  It allows me to take advantage of US online shopping and avoid paying the crazy shipping and brokerage rates. Sometimes I even save the HST if I happen to catch a nice border guard. In the last two days I've saved $320 on $780 worth of purchases. Most of these purchases were for the College and Church so it saves us mucho dollars.

Our Church garage sale is tomorrow (Saturday) at 9:00am at the Safeway parking lot. Come down with your stuff to give away.  Come down with lots of cash to buy some cool stuff. Come down and help out (especially with the clean-up from 2:00 - 3:00pm). All proceeds go to summer camp bursaries.

I'm excited for our gathering this Sunday! It's Mother's Day and we'll be playing a cute little video with some of our kids where they share why they love their mom. We are continuing in Acts (I'm loving our journey through this part of Scripture). We are having a water baptism where six folks will make a public declaration of their faith in Jesus. We get to see one another and meet some new folks.  We get to worship Jesus... together!

It's been a crazy-fun week so far. The Moses' had a baby boy! Another boy in our Church accepted Christ as His Savior! Prayer requests are pouring in and we get to respond with faith!



I also took a load to the dump this week and came back with a vintage mailbox [see above photo]. Someone threw it out in the metal recycling bin and I am repurposing it. I'm guessing I could get $50 for it, but I will keep it and convert it to something cool in my home office.






No comments:

Post a Comment