Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday Mashup

Friday morning is where my responsibilities collide: college, Church, and family.  I'm wrapping up College projects, beginning and completing Church projects, and then doing my best to carve out a relaxing Saturday.  I look forward to everyday, as being a part of these three "entities" is continuous joy.

To give you a picture of why it's a joy... here's what happened in my week:  At the college I serve the students in the Youth Ministry program.  I currently have the shared responsibility, with their local Churches and our humble faculty, of training 25 of our future youth workers and youth pastors.  This week either directly through their love and/or the youth ministries they intern with, we saw 17 youth come to faith in Christ!

Last night I got a phone call from the Dagneau's as they were on the other line with a past neighbour/friend, now living in Vancouver, that had a gun and was going to commit suicide.  Through Isaac and Catherine's loving words and quick action, they were able to get the VPD to intervene and save his life!  One of the main reasons this man attempted to kill himself was because of his decision to follow Christ and the subsequent dishoning by his family.  He couldn't bare the thought of living life outside of the love of his parents and family.  Please pray for him that Christ's love would overtake His life, that He would see the hope He has in Christ, and that we could love Him as Christ loves us.

I met with Chad & Ariana as they are tying the knot in a few weeks and got to share some of my "wisdom" on marriage.  Talk about one beggar telling another beggar where to find food!!  They are both great people and I'm really happy for them as the begin a life of discovering God's love.  The Friesen's will be their marriage coach for the next year to cheer them on and offer wisdom and love.

This morning, I got to have a rare moment (I'm usually out of the house before everyone else is up) where both our kids climbed into our bed and cuddled for a bit.

Now I'm at Tim Horton's in the Automall, waiting for the servicing of my car.  I enjoy hearing the conversations of old men grumbling about the cost of batteries for their hearing aids and recalling what they did during the flood of '48.  A school bus of junior high kids just pulled up and crammed the line-up... you should see the looks of frustration and injustice from people that "need" their Tim's when they get inside and see the line-up.

For the rest of today, I'm making phone calls, doing some admin stuff, meeting with the Williams', and then we get to have the Van Marrum's over for dinner.

Vaughan's mom died this week at the age of 89 and I'm heading over to their house today to hear more about her life and will help them plan the graveside and memorial.  The memorial is set for Saturday, November 12 at 1:00pm at our Church building and will be hosted by our Church family.  If you're up for helping with set-up, food prep/service, and clean-up, please let me know and/or sign-up on Sunday.

I hope you have a great day, especially with the gorgeous weather and an even more beautiful Creator and Saviour!  I hope you have a great weekend.  I'm looking forward to our gathering on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment