Monday, November 21, 2011

Monday Morning Thoughts


Isaac - Warming Up from Mission Foursquare Church on Vimeo.

Happy Monday Morning to you!  I trust this post finds you ready for another week of living in faith and full of the Spirit!

I was really encouraged yesterday during our service.  Karin did a great job of leading us in worship.  Her soft heart to Christ and enthusiasm is contagious.  Isaac preached his first sermon and did a fantastic job (see the first 30 seconds in the video above).  As Jim O. pointed out, it was way better than my first sermon.  We sold almost all of our kid's Christmas cards.  There are only six packs left!  Kim and Louise made some amazing treats for after the service... the lemon bars were awesome.

On Saturday I spilled peach juice on my laptop and it's no longer working.  It's a good thing I have a warranty and everything backed up.  I'll have to deal with getting that resolved this week.  I normally would have done work yesterday afternoon, but since I had no computer, I went to Starbucks with Angela and Renee.  We took advantage of their holiday happy hour special.  Then Josh joined us and the four of us went out for dinner.  It was nice to spend some time with them.

I got to marry Chad & Ariana on Saturday night.  It was a good evening and now they're off to Mexico for their honeymoon.  They are both exceptional people and I look forward to them growing in marriage.

Today is Angela's surgery.  It will take place around 12:45pm so if you could pray for her we'd really appreciate it.  I'll be with her at the hospital for the next couple days and then she'll come home to recover for the next four weeks.  We've been blessed by the support of our family, friends, and Church family.

I hope you have a great day and week.

No comments:

Post a Comment