Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday Morning Thoughts


I failed miserably this morning.  After preaching yesterday that our success as a Church will only be found when we are willing to get dirty and go to uncomfortable places and lengths, I missed a prime opportunity .  On my way to work at the College in Surrey, I saw a hitch hiker at the beginning of the on ramp to the freeway.  He wanted a lift to Vancouver and he had a german shepherd dog.  Upon seeing him, I first wrote him off due to a difference in destination and then confirmed it when I saw his mangy dog.  By the time I reflected on my decision, I had merged on to the freeway and the opportunity lost.

In hindsight, I felt that it was a great opportunity for me to be uncomfortable and really help someone out.  Yes, I would have had to go out of my way, change the details of my work day, and then spend an hour cleaning my car upholstery, but who cares!?  My life is too short and people are too important to worry about dirty upholstery and missing out on Terra Nova tonight.

As I'm typing this, I just got an email from an elderly lady in Abbotsford that I've been helping out with food.  If you know me, you know that I don't like going over to other people's houses (I'm a bit of a germa-phobe). However, after yesterday and this morning, I think it's God's grace in giving me a second opportunity to get over my germa-phobe and neat-freak tendencies and get dirty for God.

I hope you have a great week getting dirty too!




No comments:

Post a Comment