Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday Morning Thoughts


I was sad to miss out on our gathering this Sunday, but proud of everyone who served and lead our Church in the worship, instruction, ministry, and fellowship of our God!  I'm looking forward to hearing the message given by Catherine.  I heard the Skatin Team did a great reflection of their time too.

I was away with Pacific Life Bible College at their annual Fall Retreat weekend.  Dave P., Isaac D., and Chris K. from our Church were there as well.  It was a good weekend filled with rest, worship through music, and encouragement through the Word.  Russell Schlecht (Pastor of Living Word [a Foursquare Church in Oak Harbor, WA]) shared some great thoughts for young leaders.

One thing that Russell said this weekend is that a leader's approach to training and equipping leaders needs to done with an attitude of diving down under others and holding/pushing them up rather than reaching down and pulling others up to "our level".  The latter is done with arrogance, the former is done with humility.  I like this illustration... it serves Church leadership well in that it is consistent with the heart of God.

I got home last night around 5:00pm and was exhausted... I fell asleep on the couch at 6:30pm and then stumbled into bed at 8:00pm.   I got to see my family for a bit, but was too tired to be "present"... I'll have to make up for that tonight.  The first year of pastoring I was quite diligent in my scheduling and did a good job of loving and serving my family.  That slipped a bit in the second year, so as I begin my third year, I'll have to fight for that time.  I've been amazed at Angela's strength and grace... when most people would lose both, she has increased in these areas.  This renders me humbled and grateful.

I trust you had a good weekend and that you are looking forward to this week.  When you follow God, the best is always yet to come!





No comments:

Post a Comment