Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday Mashup

The heat is on.  And, I feel like more of a man.  Last Friday, I went to light the Church boiler and I couldn't get it going.  Turns out, it wasn't me, but a faulty gas valve.  A few days later and another cold night at Freedom Sessions and we've got heat!

Last night I got to meet with our Ministry Leadership Team.  They are a great group of men and women that serve our Church family with grace, love, and dedication.  We spent some time reflecting on the summer trimester (June-September) of ministry and looked to the rest of the Fall and Christmas season.

Today, Angela and I are heading to Vancouver General for a meeting with our surgeon.   We'll find out his thoughts on Angela's condition (growths on her ovaries) and then he'll schedule surgery.  We are praying for God's heal her and appreciate you joining us in prayer.

Later today, I'll be picking our apples from our trees and giving them to a bunch of our youth.  They are going to make apple pies this week to serve next Sunday.  Slices of pie will be available by donation and proceeds will go to youth heading to "Consumed Youth Conference" on Vancouver Island at Northgate Foursquare Church. It will be our first ever apple pie Sunday.

Tomorrow night we've got an inter-Church night of worship and prayer at our Church building.  Come on down at 7:00pm.  I'm really looking forward to this evening and I hope you'll be able to make it out.





No comments:

Post a Comment