Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday Morning Thoughts

I prayed on Friday for God to grace me with strength for the weekend.  I had lots to do and was fighting a cold.  I am here on Monday to morning to say that God provided and then some!  Normally after a weekend like this past one, when Monday morning rolls around I wake up excited, but groggy.  I woke up today well rested and full of energy.

On Friday night, we had a small city serving in our Church building... lots of families cleaning and setting up for Saturday's memorial.  In reflection, a large part of why I feel rested this morning is because so many people helped and I really didn't have to do very much.

Saturday morning and early afternoon was memorial prep and then the service.  Again, a ton of our Church family served so generously and graciously.  I even got to go home in the afternoon hang out with the family for a couple hours before heading back to the launch of our young adult outreach night.  The outreach night went really well.  Ken W. is the driving force behind this ministry and he rolled out the red carpet with an amazing dinner for everyone.  It took all that I had to resist eating more than I would normally.

Sunday morning we had Ken Dyck (Author of Freedom Session) preach at our Church.  He did a great job.  Arnie & Val were able to join us as well for our service and it was so good to see them again!

Sunday afternoon we went over to a friend's house for some delicious soup (wonton soup, baked potato soup, and corn chowder)!  I had some of every kind and they were superb.  We chillaxed there for a bit and then headed home for dinner and relaxing evening.

This week, I'm digging into Acts 9 in preparation for Sunday, working at the college, and meeting with a few people.  I hope you have a great week and that God's grace is experienced in new and powerful ways through Jesus, His Word, and His Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment