Tuesday, October 4, 2011

You Never Know


You never know what kind of impact you'll have on someone, especially when you're simply following God!  Calvin Williams leads our youth ministry and just emailed this cool story...

Back in May, I took the Lifechangers Group (Youth Bible Study) to StreetHope to serve dinner on a Saturday night. There were around 8 youth that went. They loved it. Shelagh, from StreetHope, just gave me the written testimony of a man who was there for the dinner that night.

Here it is... "My life before Christ was a roller coaster ride of working, drinking, partying and hanging out with the wrong people. I was walking by [StreetHope] all sad and lonely when something told me to go inside... to my surprise that day there was a youth group helping out. I sat down with these young adults, then I opened up about my life, and they all did the same, and then we just talked... from that day, I knew God had never abandoned me, He just gave me a sign on how He wanted me to do His will through me. It was that day that I surrendered to Christ and went to Recovery. Since being in Recovery I had my chance to rebuild my relationship with God and myself and my family is back in my life."  

What a cool impact our youth had on that man's life! Shelagh says that he attributes his turn back to Jesus to the conversation he was having with our youth. Praise God.

May this report encourage us all to serve and share the love of Christ.  Please continue to pray for this man, our youth, the ministry of StreeHope, and Calvin!

No comments:

Post a Comment