Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday Morning Thoughts


Sorry for yesterday’s sermon.  Ang said she spaced out for parts of it and my guess is that she wasn’t the only one. :)  Don’t worry, Angela isn’t being mean; in fact, it’s hard to get criticism out of her.  I don’t get offended as I’m well aware that I’m far away from being an excellent communicator.   I hope to one day be a gifted communicator and I believe that critical reflection will play a role in its fruition.

In spite of my shortcomings, we had a great gathering.  The Humphrey’s served a stellar continental breakfast.  Tony served us well in leading songs of praise.  Our rarely remembered Sunday school teachers loved our kids. Then some youth and youth leaders served apple pie.  The pie I had was sensational (I’m not exaggerating)!  They raised about $200 for their upcoming youth conference.  Following the service a number of people received personal prayer and throughout everything the body was built up.

Our family hit the McDonald’s drive-through on the way home then crashed for a few hours.  Angela sewed.  I read a book.  Ruby did crafts.  Charlie napped.  It was a good Sunday afternoon.

In the evening we went over to Hotel Hersey for dinner and to finalize our plans for the candlelight parade float.  I’m really looking forward to the float.  Lots of great ideas and now to get to work!

Today I’m working at the College (see my view in above photo) then heading home to give out candy.  My philosophy is to give lots so that when they get older they don’t egg your house (something I have “seen” happen as a teenager).

I hope you have a great week and that if you remember anything from Sunday, you remember that God never forgets His promises.  Walk in reality and not the facade of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment