Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday Morning Thoughts


What a great weekend.  I helped a Mark & Katy on Saturday morning with a stage of their move then headed off to a wedding reception that featured a burrito truck.  The owner of the truck is Arturo and he cooked my meals in Bible College.  It was good to see him again and hear about his crazy adventures.  His truck is normally parked at Cordova and Howe (down by the Pan Pacific hotel), but he caters the odd event as well.  Anyways, I had his original Gringa and wow, was it good!  Sometimes I wish my stomach was bigger.

Our Sunday gathering was a lot of fun.  Everyone seems more relaxed in the summer... especially when it's sunny.  I think it's because people have either just returned from vacation or are about to head out on one.  Tony did a phenomenal job leading us in worship... we are so blessed to have him in our Church family.  Vince was hot on the drums (although it might just have been the new skins he put on them :) ).  Our scripture for this week was tough, but good.

Last night I met with Dave P. at City Blends.  We sat on the patio and I think the mosquitoes had more to drink than we did.  Dave is taking a leadership class at the College this summer and part of that course is discussing aspects of leadership with other leaders.  It was a good time.

Isaac came over this morning at 7:00am to paint a cabinet I made for our sound equipment storage.  He's down in the garage working away and I'm sipping on tea upstairs typing a blog entry!  I'm trying out a new waterbased alkyd paint and it seems to be a beautiful thing.

I've got a meeting today and lots of miscellaneous stuff to take care of.  The rest of the week is work at the College, getting ready for Tal & Carmen's wedding, and getting ready for Sunday (message and water balloon volleyball)!  I hope you have a great week being the Church on Monday!
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment