Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday Mashup


I never thought I'd watch 15 hours of Robin Hood in one day, but that was my Wednesday.  Beginning Tuesday afternoon I felt my body lock up with aches in my joints and so I left the College and slept at home for 12 hours.  I woke up the next day still feeling horrible, but not able to sleep so I watched 15 hours of Robin Hood on Netflix (we're trying out the free month).  I slept for another 12 hours the next night and woke up on Thursday morning feeling okay.  I'm not sure if it was a flu or what, but it wasn't fun.

Last night was awesome.  I got to hang out at Hotel Hersey with good friends and enjoy their cool new place and good food.  We drove a sweet go-kart, chased frogs, and learned about gates.

This morning I've got three energetic and passionate interns sitting in my office.  Isaac, our faithful intern, and two missionaries/interns from Northridge Foursquare Church.  We'll be going over a bit of what I do on Fridays, showing them the beauty of Mission, and giving them an opportunity to put their servant's heart to work.  Isaac is a lucky man.

Tonight I'm going to a Lions' game with my brother-in-law.  I'm looking forward to stealing my boss' (at the College) free parking spot before he gets there.  Tomorrow I'm hanging with my in-laws in Port Moody... always good to spend time with the fam'.  I hope to get to my lawn tomorrow as well (parts of it are a foot tall).

On Sunday, Dave is preaching from Acts... it's a really good passage so I'm pumped.  Following the service we're heading over to Hayward Lake for a picnic.   You're all welcome to join.

I'll leave you with Isaac's infamous dance at his sister's wedding:

No comments:

Post a Comment