Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday Morning Thoughts


I'm surprised that the police didn't knock on my door Friday night.  Earlier that evening I got some plants given to me that I needed to dig up, transfer, and then plant that night.  By the time I got home it was pitch black, so I pulled out a work light to help me get the plants in the ground.  There I was, in the middle of my backyard digging a hole at night.  There were even a few points where I had to use an axe to chop out some roots.  I laughed pretty hard one time when I raised the axe above my head only to see my shadow (three times larger than life) cast on the back row of hedges... it was a perfect silhouette of something you'd probably see in a horror flick.  After some sweating scrambling around I was able to get them all in and watered by midnight.

We woke up at 6am on Saturday to head over to Victoria for my nephew's birthday party.  It was a long day, but so good to see and hang out with family.  On the way there, Ruby asked me cynically... "Dad, will there be any good food?"  Angela and I started laughing because she's only four and she already has my values and attitudes... 'cause it's not a party unless there is some good food'.  We were fortunate to be welcomed by lots of great food!  We feasted on fresh fruit, salmon, Ice Capp's, and cake pops (a delightful cream cheese chocolate cake mounted on the end of a stick and coated in icing).  We raced home with heart burn and were able to get home around 10pm.



Sunday was a fun day too.  Chad did a fantastic job of leading us in song to worship Jesus.  Aaron was rocking it in the sound booth.  The Chapman family served a great breakfast.  Eugene & Catherine survived the Freedom Sessions training seminar and gave us a short intro to this program.  Our faithful and generous team of Children's helpers and teachers did a phenomenal job as usual.  We read a huge chunk of Acts and we were inspired by Stephen's faith.  Angela attended a family friends memorial Sunday afternoon so I watched the kids.  We napped, made pizza, and played in the back yard.

It was a full and good weekend.  This week is another busy week.  However, I will be challenged by Stephen's example to not just fall into default mode, but to live dynamically in the Spirit following His voice.  I hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment