Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday Morning Thoughts


I decided on a morning tea. Angela gave me a hard time about my process... but I am making a decision that will impact me every day for the next 40 years.

On my morning commutes to the college I take the best travel mug money can buy (Starbucks porcelain mug that I got for my birthday). Angela has been buying a President's Choice brand of tea that just doesn't taste good. I finally thought to myself, "why am I drinking such bad tea?  Surely there is a better tea at a comparable price?"  So, on Saturday night I went to the local grocery stores and bought one of every brand of orange pekoe.  I came home and set out the mugs, measured my milk and sugar, and began steeping. In the end I decided on the Overwaitea brand.

Even though that was a big decision, much more important things were accomplished this weekend. I went on a date with Angela (long overdue). Thanks to Renee for watching our hooligans. On Sunday we had Rev. Deo share and that was cool. Then on Sunday night we went over to Jordan and Steph's for a bonfire.  We also got word that two of Angela's friends from highschool had a parent succumb to cancer. We will be praying for their families as they respond to this loss.

This week I've got lots of meetings, a day trip to Victoria for my nephew's birthday party, and a ton of prep work for the fall season. It will be a full and fun week.

2 comments:

  1. Why didn't you try loose leaf tea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a lot of the loose leaf tea... but I am looking for something less messy when I or Angela are stumbling around in the morning.

    ReplyDelete