Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday Mashup

I hadn't planned on watching the royal wedding last night, but I had to stay up late to finish our taxes (after cheering on the Canucks towards their victory), so by the time I hit submit on the netfile service it was already 1:00am.  I stayed up for a little bit longer to watch the procession of guests and vehicles, but before I could see the dress, I fell asleep.  It literally wasn't worth losing sleep over.

Yesterday I got to watch Ruby's last swimming lesson.  Her and Gregory passed their "Sea Turtle" class and move on to being "Salamanders".  She was pretty happy to have her Dad there.  When her teacher came by to say, "Hi, Ruby!"  Ruby responded with an enthusiastically loud, "This is my Dad!!"

Last night we had dinner with the Schubert's.  The food was good (chicken souvlaki with a superstore sponsored blueberry pie) and I enjoyed chatting with them about kids, their soon-to-be-here baby, and lots more.

Don't forget about Youth For Christ's Coffee Cupping fundraiser at our Youth Centre tomorrow (Saturday) night at 7:00pm.  Admission is $15.  You'll get to be educated on how to drink coffee like an expert, hear some God-is-so-Good news, and get to take home a half-pound of coffee.

On Sunday afternoon I'll be taking the kids over to Vancouver Island for a few days so they can hang out with their Nana and Papa.  It will also be a nice break for Angela as she's been working so hard for so long!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone this Sunday at our gathering.  We get to lift high our God and Saviour.  We get to open the Word so that we might know the Way.  We get to see one another and be encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment