Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday Morning Thoughts

I really enjoyed Sunday's gathering.  Karin and team did a great job of leading us in worship.  Catherine hit it out of the park with her message on Heaven.  I had lots of great conversations with great people both before and after the service... I love our Church family.  I am grateful for the work Jesus has done, is doing, and has yet to do, in and through us.

Some thoughts that struck me from Catherine's message on Sunday:
  • Is Heaven a never-ending Church service?
  • Success in our goals comes from clarity of vision.
  • Ps. 16:11 (NIV) "You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."
  • Jesus is the master chef and is preparing a feast... I am drooling already.
I don't know about you, but I can't wait until Heaven!  New body, complete fulfillment/pleasure, complete love, no sin, no fear, everything good, and everything God.  God is good!

This morning we have CRA coming in to do an audit for the year 2009.  Usually the word audit sends shivers down the average person's spine, but I'm looking forward to it.  It's a chance to measure our fiscal operations.  It's a chance to affirm those in the office on the great work they do week in, week out.  It's a great opportunity to let another person that God created and died for know about the love and salvation we have in Christ.

I arrived home from Calgary at about 1:00am on Sunday.  The van ride with the Parson's was a good time.  I enjoyed talking with Dave.  I told a few lies to their kids so that I could get out of watching Hannah Montana (told them I was allergic to it and my ears swell).

Spent last night playing with my kids.  I play "Russia the Bear" where I growl and drool fiercely as they scream and run away (pretending to be squirrels).  It usually ends up with both of them riding me like a horse at the end, then I flop on the floor and "sleep" for ten minutes.  Angela and I watched a movie last night called The Fighter.  It was okay.  It was good to spend time with them after being away for four days.

I work at the college this week.  It's exam and graduation week, so it will be busy and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment