Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday Morning Thoughts

It's sunny and 6 degrees out... perfect weather!  I slept in this morning as I didn't get home until 11pm last night and then I stayed up late to watch the Canucks game (managed to make it through the evening without hearing the outcome or score).

Last night's graduation ceremony at Pacific Life Bible College was a great evening.  We worshiped Jesus, honoured the hard work of the students, and prayed for them.  It was a good evening and I'm excited about the future of the Church.

Barry Buzza (President of Foursquare Canada) lead our offering last night and gave a great illustration of how the lily is like a Bible College student (it takes four years for a lily to reach its full size).  I think the Bible College will have to plant a few lilies now to serve as a visual reminder of the work and the journey it takes to mentor and release leaders.

This morning on my drive into Surrey, I reflected on Dave's message on Sunday.  I really appreciated the simplicity of the application...  tell and live what Jesus has done in your life... that's how you make much of Him.

This coming week is a bunch of wrap-up work at the College and preparation for our Easter Sunday brunch.  I'm thankful for the 30+ volunteers that have signed up to make this event run!

On Friday, I'll be at the inter-Church Good Friday services which will be a treat.  I always look forward to the Church gathering together... very powerful.

We're having the Manning's over for dinner tonight and I'm looking forward to hanging out with them.  I'm also looking forward to Angela's (soon-to-be) world famous carrot cake that we'll have for dessert.

I hope you have a great week making much of Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment