Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday "Morning" Thoughts


Tuesday Life Group Easter Egg Hunt from Mission Foursquare Church on Vimeo.

We had a great Easter Brunch on Sunday!  There was tons of good food, laughter, and cheer all around.  I can't think of a better way to celebrate the Good News then with a Sunday brunch.  I'm already looking forward to next year's brunch!  The only downside is that we were having so much fun that we forgot to take pictures.  It was neat to see some new faces and welcome them into our Church family.  We had about 200 out to the brunch and over 30 volunteers made everything work smoothly, from the set-up on Saturday, to the serving, cleaning, and running of kid's activities on Sunday.  Our Church family has exceptional volunteers... they sign-up freely, serve graciously, and work diligently.

After the service, we had a lazy Sunday afternoon.  Mark & Katy came over to watch the Canucks lose.  After the Canucks game I watched the movie "Tron" and found it somewhat entertaining.

Today was the first day I have had off in about two months.  I set a horrible example in this department as I am lazy (disguised as being a workaholic) with my Sabbaths.  We had a fun day.  I got to play with the kids in the morning.  I then went down to Centennial Park at 10am to hide Easter eggs in the woods for the families of our Tuesday Life Group to go and find.  Everyone showed up at 10:30am and went a hunting.  The older kids got a good haul and the younger kids were too young to care.  We were treated to a "birds of prey" show at the park too when a falcon kept dive bombing a squirrel... it was really cool.  After our hunt we headed over to the Offer's house and had a laid back lunch... it was a good time.

This afternoon, I went Winston Churchill and enjoyed a hot bath [insert Angela's comment of "no one wants to read that" here].  I got to read my bbq cleaning manual and the first half of Acts.

Around 4:00pm we headed over to the Manning's for a ham and turkey dinner.  The food was awesome...  and I enjoyed meeting and hanging out with their family.  They are nice people.  Monica had her home decorated with like 100 of these huge (18" wide) flowers made out of tissue paper.  She's giving them to us when the Easter season is over and we'll use them next year at our Easter Brunch.

This week our guys Tuesday Life Group will be watching the game.  Schubert's are coming over on Thursday for Angela's world famous greek dinner (already drooling).  On Sunday, after Church, we're having an Elder's lunch.  That's all I can think of for right now.  I hope you have a great week knowing, growing, and sowing Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment