Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday Mashup


Well, I only got poop on me twice more since Sunday's diaper change.  My kids and I had a great week at Nana and Papa's house.  We ate lots of good food, went for walks on the beach, cheered on the Canucks, watched election coverage, and played with all of the different toys a new house provides.  Angela got to sleep in for the first time in about four years.  I even did some dishes.

I got to have some good chats with my parents about the "Sandwich Generation".  I'm looking forward to putting some more thoughts towards this unique aspect of our culture.  I'm not sure who coined the term, but the Sandwich Generation people who are taking care of aging parents while also supporting their own kids or have grand kids.  There are a lot of unique dynamics with this demographic and it has many interesting implications for our society and the Church.

Last night Mark & Katy came over for waffles, strawberries, and bacon (I am still full as of 10am this morning) and our weekly viewing of American Idol.  We cheered on the Canucks and we must be doing something right because they won again.  Mark & Katy's daughter has the best "blowing kisses" move you will ever see.

Tonight we're going over to the Vanson's house for dinner.  I'm looking forward to hearing about Bernie & Lynda's trip to Mexico and learning by observation how to be great hosts (they are some of the most gracious people you will ever meet).

I'm looking forward to Mother's Day this Sunday.  As lame as hallmark holidays are, they are still a lot of fun.  The kids get to make cheezy crafts and attempt to make a good breakfast.  The real surprise would be if it tasted edible.

Tomorrow I've got a lunch meeting and then a one year old's birthday party.

My planned events for today are to finish the sermon for Sunday.  Get the eNewsletter out.  Pray for a number of difficult situations connected to our Church family and follow up with them.  When you make time, please pray for Jim Moses (he's on life support after suffering a major heart attack) and his family.  There are a number of other matters as well that need our prayers, so if you're not on the email prayer list, please stay in the loop and get added by emailing Peter & Viola Ewert (ewertpv@shaw.ca).

No comments:

Post a Comment