Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday Mashup


Funerals always get me pumped!  Yesterday, I attended Don Mundy's (Lynn Beisel's dad) memorial service.  I had never met the man, but I left inspired, challenged, humbled, and focused.  He was a great man because of the way Jesus had changed his life and the way in which he then followed Jesus into his family, friends, and community.  I heard the descriptive phrase, "He gave to a fault" four times during the service... yet, I bet if we had the chance to ask him now from his clearer view of Jesus, Don would have even given more!  It makes me ask the question, am I living with the temporary in focus or eternity?

After the funeral I returned to the Church office and saw Mr. & Mrs. Deer (see above). My first thought was, "mmmmm..... deer sausage!"

Last night I met with some of our ministry leaders and was encouraged with their updates.  Our Church is blessed to have men and women who sincerely love Jesus and then give of their talents and time to lead others back to the treasure they have found in Christ.  We spent some time debriefing on past events, planning for the Summer, and praying for one another and our Church.

Today, I'll be attending a couple meetings, studying for Sunday, praying for the Skatin team (Calvin Williams and crew are doing a weekend trip), and then preparing mentally for tomorrow's Road Rally.

Tomorrow, I'll pop by the Garage Sale to bless someone with my junk from our garage.  Then it's off to compete in the Road Rally.

This Sunday we continue in Acts... every week I get more and more pumped to study Acts and share it with our Church family.   I'm also pretty excited to see this Sunday's Newsletter... it's a good blue colour and features a picture of our latest missions team who recently returned from their ministry in the slums of BC. :)

Have a great weekend and I hope to see you Saturday and Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment