Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday Morning Thoughts


How was your Mother's Day?  The photo above is a picture of the moms in my life.  I always feel for Angela on these days because I am out the door early and don't get to do the traditional stuff with the family.  However, we are working towards changing the way things are done within our Church so that Sunday morning service prep doesn't land fully on my shoulders.  Having one person do the same thing over and over is not healthy or sustainable.  At our Church we don't use people to get the job done, we use the job to get the people done.

I thought yesterday's service was good.  Karin did a great job of leading us in worship.  A few of the lines from some of the songs that we sung are still rolling around in my mind... "And we can see that, God, You're moving.  A mighty river through the nations.  When young and old return to Jesus. Fling wide, you heavenly gates.  Prepare the way of the risen Lord."  I think it's reflective and prophetic of where we are and where we are going.

I thought the words I shared yesterday were a bit boring at times (in their presentation), but Angela liked it, so that's a great thing in my mind.  I've posted the message online at http://www.missionfoursquare.com/index.php/resources/sermons.html.

On Saturday I enjoyed a nice lunch with Jim & Karin Olsen.  I always find my time spent with them encouraging and inspiring.  They are a modern day Brady Brunch and their lives testify to God's faithfulness, generosity, redemption, and blessing.  We went over some details for the upcoming Road Rally and a few other events.  Our Church family is blessed to have them!

After lunch, we headed to a one year old's birthday party and it was a lot of fun (really).  The food and punch was good.  Good conversations took place and the Canucks game was on in the background.

I was a bit moody on Saturday night at the end of the Canucks game (they lost).  I don't know why, but whenever people come in the room and say, "ohhh... they're not doing very well." it irks me.  Casual fans bug me... but I'm working on learning to love even them.

After Church, I picked up Subway and brought it home and we had a relaxing afternoon.  My sister and bro-in-law came over for hamburgers.  The food was good and the company was even better.

This week, I've got a few things on the go... working at the College, building some raised garden beds for Angela and the kids to plant some vegetables, a few meetings, watching the kids while Angela's away at the women's weekend, and some gardening.

I'm looking forward to next Sunday as we have a guest speaker, Dairn Peters (Associate Pastor at Kingsway Foursquare Church in Burnaby).  I hope you have a great week being open to the Spirit's leading and empowering!

1 comment:

  1. I'm really looking forward to visiting and sharing from Philippians 3 this Sunday. Thanks for the invite, Mission 4SQ family! :-)

    ReplyDelete