Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday Morning Thoughts

Happy Victoria Day!  I don't know how you'll celebrate the late Queen's birthday, but I'll be heading over to the Church to finish some of the landscaping ties at the front entrance and then over to Richmond for dinner at the in-laws.

We had a great service yesterday.  About half the Church was away on a field trip where they experienced a foretaste of the destiny of those that don't know Jesus.  On a more serious note, Tony lead worship with just an acoustic guitar and it was fantastic.  I love Tony's heart because he reflects the grace and love of Jesus.  Val and Lois gave an update on Shaela Warkentin (she goes in for surgery on Thursday at UCLA to see if they recover any amount of site in her one eye) and then we prayed for her.  To find out more about Shaela go to http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/shaela.  We then looked at Acts 2:1-13 and saw the miracle that is the gift of the Holy Spirit... to know that God would dwell within us is an honour, blessing, and awesome responsibility.

Sunday afternoon we had the Friesen's over to watch the Canucks game.  They brought us Wendy's so it was quick and easy.  The game had a great outcome, although I wish the ref's would just let both teams play!  The last two games have been atrocious officiating (on both sides).

Last night we had our neighbours over for a wiener roast in the backyard (that's my kind of camping).  It was great to catch up with them and share life.  I then went over to their house and helped them move a couple couches.  On the way back I noticed that someone driving by our house through a large packet of mustard out their window and some of it splattered on my car.  So, out came the hose and I prayed for the punk that did it.

This week, I have a few meetings, work at the College, garage sale, and road rally!  It will be a busy and fun week.  I hope you have a good week and that you make time to be with Jesus (it's the most efficient use of our time).

  

No comments:

Post a Comment