Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday Mashup


I shut down the boiler to the older part of the Church building last week in hopes that the temperature would rise (we do this every year to save money).  However, my hands feel a bit icy this morning.

I have had a tremendous week so far.  The Canucks won (in case you've been living under a rock)!  God has been speaking to me in new and powerful ways.  I got to spend a couple hours with a seasoned Foursquare pastor and an emerging leader from our Kingsway Foursquare Church.  It was good to connect with them, learn, and share challenges.  The greatest thing I got out of our conversation was perspective... I tend to look at things within a one year view and then wonder whey everything hasn't worked out that way I think it should :)  Things are in process and God's plans may be different then mine and they won't come about in the way or timing that I think they should.  My job is simply to grow in my love and trust for Him... the fruit of that will be what God makes of it.

Last night I had a stellar meeting with Angela and Monica (two very gifted women in the area of creative arts) and began to plan our float for the Christmas Candlelight Parade.  Yes, I know it's June, but our budget is cheap and so we have to begin thinking and preparing creatively.  We are following the advice that you can only choose two of the following options in life: CHEAP, FAST, QUALITY.  It looks like our float is going to be sweet (but don't get your hopes too high... it won't be parade of roses caliber).

Today I am working at the Church office on a pile of different things.  Tomorrow is another landscaping party, then a friend's birthday party, and then Canucks.  Sunday is going to be great.... I'm already looking forward to our gathering.

I hope you have a great weekend!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment