Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday Mashup

Yesterday was the day of eating.  I started off with a breakfast meeting, then coffee meeting, then lunch meeting, and then a final coffee meeting.  I came home to "Taco Thursday" with the Hersey's and Pringle's.  We washed down dinner with Angela's soon-to-be world-famous lemonade cake (borrowed from someone on Pinterest [Angela's new favourite interest]).


In other news, we're supposed to have a sunny weekend with perfect temperatures.  I hope it's sunny because a number of people from our Church family are doing a roofing project for the Kim's.  Watching people organically organize loving and helping one another is very exciting for me to watch!  I've heard other reports this week of couples/families helping other couples/families.... many times its simply through cooking meals, bringing groceries, praying, and encouraging one another.  That's the beauty of the Church... and I'm grateful to be a part of this family.

Today, I'm working on a few admin things, helping Sir Isaac on a few things, and finishing up Sunday's message.  Tonight we have a family gathering at my sister's.  Tomorrow I plan on helping out with the roofing project.

On Sunday, we have our Church family gathering.  We'll sing songs of love and praise to God.  We'll pray together.  We'll get in the Word and look at the beginning of Acts 3.  We'll then eat together (hot dog lunch) and support our youth in their efforts to get to youth camp.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend... I hope you are too!

P.S. I hope you are remembering and applying the three challenges from last Sunday.  I haven't been doing very well at it :(
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment