Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday Morning Thoughts


I hope you had a good weekend and are ready for all the opportunities that this week will bring.  I spent Saturday morning working with Casey "John Henry" Moses on the front landscaping at the Church.  Casey can swing a hammer like no one else and was a big part of getting that portion of the project done.  Saturday afternoon we celebrated Josh P.'s 30th birthday with hamburgers, hot potato salad, iced tea, and oreo ice cream cake.  That evening we got to watch the Canucks game with my bro-in-law and sister and Mark.  Mark and I found and ate some cookies that we found out later were for a special event that Angela was preparing for... uh oh!

Yesterday's service was good.  Tony did a fantastic job leading us in worship.  Dave shared a story of God miraculously healing his daughter.  Rob & Donna praised God for an awesome opportunity for ministry through Christian Motorcyclists Association in a Kamloops service.

We went to Rotten Ronnies for lunch and then I got to watch the kids for the afternoon and evening as Ang went to a baby shower.  I spent the afternoon in paradise mowing the lawn and puttering around the yard.  I made beans and wieners for dinner and Ruby said I was a better cook than her mommy :)  With the hot weather, I turned on the AC for the first time this year and the house is back to being cold.

Today is a miscellaneous day of errands and preparing for the game.  Tomorrow we're having a BBQ for our Church's greeters.  Wednesday night is another BBQ and hockey game with friends and neighbours.  Thursday is another BBQ at the Pankratz's.  Let the week of BBQ's begin.

So let's go into the world this week and share the life and love of Christ as the Spirit leads and enables.

No comments:

Post a Comment