Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday Morning Thoughts


Happy Monday morning to you!  I hope you had a good Father's Day weekend.  On Saturday we went a germ swap known as Koko's Activity Center (similar to a Go Bananas) in Port Moody.  It was actually more fun than I anticipated, although I almost got stuck in a couple tubes.  Our kids got to play with their cousins.

Sunday's gathering was good.  I like the new format of the service and I hope you like it too.  Catherine spoke a good word from Acts 2:44-47 and left us with three challenges: 1) As a family/household, take time this week to dedicate (or re-dedicate) all your stuff to the Lord; 2) Invite people over once a month over to your house; and 3) Whenever you meet with your Christian friends don't part before you pray together!

The challenge that will be the hardest for me is the third one.  I'm simply not in the habit of praying with others outside of a crisis, meal, or at someone's request.  Yet, I think praying with others even when there isn't a crisis or meal is so good and important.  After the service we went and had lunch with some Christian friends and I simply forgot this challenge.  It's going to take a while to get in the habit, but I look forward to the fruit of this practice.

This morning I'm hanging out with Isaac going through his orientation of working here for the summer.  I'm starting him out with organizing our softball team, running the youth camp hot dog lunch, and a new filing project!

Tonight I'm going to watch PLBC Alumni, "Handsome & Gretyl" perform at a coffee shop in Port Moody (https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=122723907809201).

For the rest of the week, I've got lots of meetings.  I hope you have a good week and remember to implement the three challenges from Sunday.
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment