Monday, June 13, 2011

Monday Morning Thoughts


I watched confessions of a shopaholic last night.  I don't know why, but I was too tired to turn it off.  The only redeemable thing about watching it was that it actually emphasized the importance of making right decisions, no matter what fallout may occur.

Yesterday's service was fun.  Karin did a good job leading us in worship through her giftings/music.  We changed up the order of the service a bit and I think it was a good change.  We'll try it for a few more weeks and may need to tweak it a bit.

Dave gave a great sermon from Acts 2:42-43.  I was encouraged to get in the Word, to live my life in fellowship, to regularly share in meals and the Lord's table, and to pray.  All great things... all essentials of every believer.

Sunday was also cool because our Church family got to hear about a team's latest adventures to the Skatin reserve (where they did a service project of building a septic tank so their community hall can use the toilet and not have to use the lady's across the street).  I also heard of a bunch of families that blessed another family with the funds and labour to replace their leaking roof.

Sunday afternoon I watched Charlie while he napped.  Angela took Ruby to the kid's event at Heritage Park.   In the evening we had a good Council meeting.

I enjoyed our Anniversary date on Saturday.  We had a good meal out and nice walk.  It was simple, but really good.

On Saturday morning I trained two of our newest Lawn & Garden Society members.  They did a great job.  On Saturday afternoon a few of our Church members hosted a memorial service for a member of the Ewert family.

Today I get to work at the College then come home and try to watch the kids and the Canucks at the same time.  My deepest desire is that this is the last Canucks game of the season!!  The rest of the week is working on different tasks for the College and Church.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment